Marinediesel’s engines are among the fastest, most efficient and highest performing on the marine diesel market today. . They feature state of the art technology, power and performance oriented design. Marinediesel is not encumbered by 40 years of history that says engine designs have to be flat and featureless. Conversely, starting with a clean sheet, Marinediesel’s engines are the freshest in the industry.
Marinediesel engines start out as a base engine from the GEP and GM factories in the US. The engine is then modified for marine use, calibrated, painted with high heat marine paint, and assembled by skilled diesel technicians before dynorun and a final run in a test station with checklists. Once all standards have been met, they are then boxed and ready to ship.
For the 6.5L range, Marinediesel uses a positive displacement 4-stage intercooled supercharger system to maximize torque and performance at low and mid RPM as well as remove any black smoke tendency. The performance of a supercharged and intercooled 6.5 litre V8 diesel engine is incomparable to anything else on the marine market today.
The 6.6L common rail engines use Marinediesel/NIRA ECU which allows the engines to be reconfigured with unique features to provide a custom feel for each customer. The engines also incorporate a variable geometry turbo system to provide the low RPM torque and fast throttle response that Marinediesel is known for.
Marine Diesel Features
- Marinediesel use the same base engine as in the proven military Hummer Humvee platform
- Base engine has exceeded production numbers of 2,000,000 units and is thus a very proven platform
- V8 6.5L or 6.6L displacements compare to many competitors smaller displacement 4 or 6 cylinder versions
- All engines are dyno tested before delivery
- Full application manual available on request and includes information such as; Critical component limits, electromagnetic compatibility, operating environment information, vibration powertrain bending, shock impact limits, etc.
- Factory field application engineers and/or installation technicians available on request
- Factory led project management available on request
- Factory project presentations available on request
- Technical training programs available in different stages, languages and locations
- Comprehensive technical material available, such as: owners manuals, service books, workshop manuals, parts books, etc.